Access the latest in wearable camera systems, at a fraction of the cost of owning one. Every camera from Sports Camera Hire comes ready to use, with a 32GB SD card, spare battery and your choice of mounting system. Choose from the top camera models from four of the leading camera suppliers. Use the drop down menu at the top of the page to select the ultimate camera to capture your passion.
Select the camera to capture your passion
GoPro HD HERO2
GoPro cameras are used by more professional athletes, sports filmmakers and core enthusiasts than any other camera in the world.
The HD HERO2 is the most advanced GoPro camera yet. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 60m, capable of capturing professional full 170º wide angle 1080p video and 11 megapixel photos at a rate of 10 photos per second, the HD HERO2 is the world’s most versatile camera.
- Professional 11MP Sensor
- 2x Faster Image Processor
- 2X Sharper Glass Lens
- Professional Low Light Performance
- Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p
- 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
- Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
- 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
- 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
- 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
- Simple Language-based User Interface
- Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
The camera will also include the following features with fitment of the Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ :
- Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
- Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App
- Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web
The new compact, durable, easy-to-use Drift HD camera elevates the point of view camera market to a higher level with the most feature-rich, multi-functional, professional helmet camera available to date.
The size and form of this camera make it well suited to many sports. Both models feature a remote control, built in LCD, exposure control and support for external power and microphone.
The new Drift HD camera offers a lot of features, in a very compact form :
- Full HD for creating crystal clear footage
- More compact housing, 4.1 inches and 4.23 oz., 25 percent smaller that its predecessor
- Replaceable lens
- Second rear cover to protect the camera when using an external mic or a USB charger
- A playback LCD screen for lining up shots and the ability to play back the footage right away
- Micro HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- A remote control to enable you to film what you want to record, not the boring stuff in between
- New goggle strap in addition to curved and flat adhesive mounts, paired with a universal clip for multiple mounting options
- Standard 1/4? 20 mm thread for use with most tripods
- A rotating lens so you can mount the camera at any angle and any position to get that shot you are looking for
- It can take 9 MP photos. Put it in the photo burst mode and you can take pictures every few seconds for as long as your memory card and battery lasts
- You can pair the remote control to your camera or any number of additional cameras.
- A digital zoom function so you can get even closer to the action or your friend in front
- A 2.5 microphone input for external microphones
- Night mode so you can record in darker and duskier conditions
- Waterproof case accessory offering
- External power pack accessory offering (20 hrs. record time)
We continue to offer the HD170 to customers for purchase only at the new low retail price of $269. Visit our online store here to purchase this model. This model offers an optional five hour long life battery, the perfect solution for time lapse photography.
With the largest lens of any PoV camera, the Contour+ captures beautiful 1080p video. The 2.8″ aperture, 170° wide-angle rotating lens delivers the truest, high quality image with minimal distortion and fish-eye. It records and streams Full HD in all its glory – all from Contour’s unique, award-winning form-factor.
Professional storytelling demands the right tools and technology. Designed as our first hands-free camera for the true videographer, the Contour+ delivers the tools and technology for this advanced segment with expanded capabilities and supplemental features. Packed with the highest level of progression of any hands-free camera to hit the market, Contour+ is made to capture not only the action, but also the full story with depth, focus and clarity. The result is rich video from the one camera with all the tools to do the job.
- Flush Front Lens
- Still Photo Mode
- Low Profile Design
- USB Output
- Internal Mic
- 2GB microSD Memory Card Included
- Removable Lithium-ion Battery
- Easy On Record Switch
- GPS Video Mapping
- iOS/Android Support via Bluetooth v 2.1
- Connect View Compatible
- Connect View Card Included
- Live Streaming via HDMI
- External Mic Jack
- Wide Angle 170° Lens
- Full HD – 1920 x 1080 @ 30/25fps
- Tall HD – 1280 x 960 @ 30/25fps
- Action HD – 1280 x 720 @ 60/50 or 30/25fps
- Photo Mode: 3,5,10,30,60
- 5MP Sensor
- Codec – H.264/AAC / File Type – MOV
- AAC Audio Compression
- 32GB microSD Compatible
- Battery Life: 2-2.5 hrs
Capture extreme video with the VIO POV.HD Digital Helmet Camera System. The POV.HD records stunning 1920 x 1080p and 1280 x 720p high def footage that will show every heart-pounding moment in breath-taking detail. So, go ahead and watch it on your HDTV without worry – you’ll feel just like you’re there!
The POV.HD camera uses a 0.7m-inifinity fixed focus lens that boasts 142°, 120°, and 95° fields of view for all encompassing video. The lens also captures digital stills, allowing you to keep your recording needs to a minimum; VIO knows you don’t want to be weighed down when you’re out doing your thing. No matter what you record though, every minute of video and every still image will store directly to SD/SDHC memory cards up to 32GB.
The POV.HD features in-camera editing, exposure control, and 4 different recording methods. Tag scenes using the wireless remote, improve color and exposure metering with a touch, and a select from Clip, Loop, Loop and forward, and still image mode. In addition to providing you with full HD video, a stellar lens, and in-camera controls and editing options, the POV.HD is one tough cookie. The camera boasts a shock proof, water proof, and dust proof design. That means: underwater up to 3.3′ is no problem – In a dusty local? No worries! A little drop? No biggie!
What’s more, the POV.HD isn’t complicated. Everything from shooting to power is kept as simple as possible so you can focus on your main objective – whether that be jumping out of a plane, careening down a stretch of single track, or kayaking miles of shore line. Just 4 ‘AA’ batteries power the system for hours of shooting enjoyment. Modular mounting options makes it easy to attach the camera wherever you need it for the best angle possible, while the included wireless remote puts the power at your fingertips – for quick, easy control of the camera.
- In-Field Editing
- Tag scenes while recording from either the recorder of the wireless remote control
- Compile tagged scenes into highlight clips automatically and in-the-field
In-Field Exposure Control
- Exposure compensation – Improve color saturation and contrast in especially bright or grey shooting conditions
- Exposure metering – Set the automatic exposure control sampling area
Four Recording Methods
- Clip mode – Start and stop recording action from your POV
- Loop mode – Capture footage from the past
- Loop and forward mode – Capture footage from the past and continue recording into the future
- Still image mode
- Advanced HD
- 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps high definition recording
- Native 1080p CMOS sensor that’s optimized for sensitivity
- Wide field of view: 142°, 120°, and 95°
- 6 element glass lens
- Advanced Software Processing
- Texas Instruments Da Vinci software processing provides:
- Real-time video enhancement
- Lens distortion correction
- Vignetting correction
- Lens softness correction
- Rugged Design
- Shock proof
- Water proof – 3.3′/30 mins
- Dust proof
- Modular mounting
- Powered by 4 ‘AA’ batteries
- Wireless remote control
Sports Camera Hire have tested the main sports camera’s, allowing us to recommend the best package for your enjoyment. Sports Camera Hire upgrades equipment as soon as new models are released, ensuring your passion is captured with only the best equipment available. Take a few minutes to read our blog, which contains up to date information and tip for using the latest sports cameras. Click on more information for detailed specifications for each camera system.
How the hire process works
Follow these four simple steps to hire a camera system and mount. Please contact us if you have any questions, or would like advice on the best solution for your needs.
Choose you camera that best meets your needs. You may find the blog more helpful than the camera specifications, as we constantly update customers with advice on the best camera bases on our own and our customers experience. Every customer has individual needs, and we can offer free phone support for those who wish to talk to a real person. Please write a quick list of your intended uses before calling, as this will assist us in making a recommendation.
Choose the mounting system that best suits your needs, using the tabbed menu above and our blog. Again, we are always available to assist you in making a selection from the wide range of mounts available.
Select the dates that you require the camera system from the calendar, and choose your payment method. Are standard hire period is 7 days, and the your hire starts the day your equipment arrives. We use Fastway, Couriers Please and Express Post depending on your location. You will be advised of a delivery date once your address is supplied. Please allow two working days, as overnight delivery cannot be guaranteed.
On the 7th day of hire, you will be required to return the camera and all accessories (unless you have purchased the mounts) in the original box supplied. Attach the return address label, and send via Registered Post. You can find you nearest Australia Post Office by clicking this link Australia Post Locations App.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.